Have you ever been to a website, found something you really liked and then forgot how to retrieve it? Sure. We have all been there. However, there is a solution to this madness. And it comes in the form of social bookmarking. Social bookmarking allows us to save, highlight, and organize our web surfing. In short, we can easily access all of those funny meme’s of cats that we love to show our friends. Here is a quick video, although a little dated, on what social bookmarking is
So, that just sounds like bookmarking, where is the social part? Well social bookmarking sites like Diigo give users the opportunity to create groups and share content. I have created a Diigo group for our class that we will use to organize and share pieces of the web that you find. In order to get this started, I need to send you an invite to our group. Please fill out the form below with the required information.
Your assignment over the weekend is to share one recent (in the past three years) article that discusses the use of technology in high school. This can cover social media use, or misuse, mobile technology in schools, digital content, etc.
1. Fill out the form above
2. Accept your invitation to our Diigo group
3. Download the Diigo app for iPad
4. Find an article (criteria mentioned above)
5. Save and tag article to our Diigo group (Tag is DLIT3)
6. Read and analyze the document
7. Post critical response on a new Google doc in your shared folder
8. Offer your article for discussion on Monday.